Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BREAK OVER. BACK TO WORK.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I assure you, I've been busy this summer!

Today's post will be about Rose.
Rose Marie Briar - My little Southern belle!
 
Rose Marie Briar! And a puffy dress~
 Okay I admit. I love drawing her because of the big puffy dresses.
Now Rose started out as a background character that I created just to fill space. She never branched out past that for a long while...

 
And then Jeffery Sage came into the picture, and suddenly, Rose had a personality. Jeffery is a wise-ass of a Yankee who just happens to grate on the nerves of the proud and spoiled Rose (and truth be told, he does so on purpose). Playing these two off of one another has proven so much fun! I might post some written blurbs of their meeting in the future.
Now, as nice as a story is with a fine couple as these, Jeffery wasn't the only thing that sprouted off out of the development of our little Rose here. In fact, for a proper Southern belle, she needs a proper family line-
Meet the Briars!
Two older sisters (Lillian and Daisy), mother Flora, and father Joshua.
Following this was an extensive design of the family home (Briar Manor is still in last adjustment designs, I'll post that as the next entry), and even the beginnings of the little town they resided in (Somewhere Between, you'll hear of this every so often from me).

One of the longest projects (besides the town and house design), is the Briar family line, going back to just about the colonial era and bringing it down to the American Civil War.
This project is still under works for Rose's family, as it is difficult to track a family backwards in time, adjusting fashions, checking ages and death dates, and making sure everything runs as smoothly as it possibly can.

Well folks! That's what I have for you in this installment! Check back soon for A nice in-depth look into the house everything happens around: Briar Manor!

~Mark Thorne

1 comment: