Monday, April 2, 2012

Things I haven't finished...

Sound familiar? I bet. Everyone has em'. Little projects they've started and never quite finished.

I've got tons.

Here's a couple of things I never completed (but who knows, I might someday)
This here was a tribute for the old parade at Disneyland Park "Parade of Dreams". It was murder trying to get all the details of each float into each section, let alone finding good reference photos of each one! As you can see it was scanned in as 2 pictures and spliced together... I don't remember where in my pile the original is so I can't say I know how big it is anymore. But it's pretty big.

Ah, for those who are familiar with my characters you might recognize my little Southern Belle: Rose Marie Briar. This was a family tree in the works, tracing back to her great grandparents and the first of the Briar clan to live in America. This project was fun to begin with because of all the costume research! And those of you who know me well, know I love to research and design costumes!
I still have much of her family tree to develop, but just knowing the line of parents, grandparents, and great grandparents already helped solidify the background and setting of Rose's life.

"Hey wait! I know them! He finished writing that story a long while ago!"
Nicholas of Main Street. Possibly the only written story I have ever finished. A 1/2 Fanfic (Disney/Disneyland) and 1/2 original story of Nicholas Baker and his misadventures in finding a peaceful life on Disneyland's Main Street USA.
I have this one on the list because, this project was one of those no-and-off again projects. Where each time I started writing it, I stopped and started all over again trying something different. I thought I'd never finish it. But I did. And after I had finished writing the first round of the story (see my DeviantArt page at: http://choco-kun.deviantart.com/ ), I found I was a better writer when I finished then when I started. So I started it all over again! And I have to say it's doing quite well. Some things have changed thus far, some stayed the same, but for the most part it's still Nicholas of Main Street.

Well, that's everything I have for you today, more to come! See you all next Monday!

~Mark Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment